CFP: Socialist Folkloristics: A Disciplinary Heritage
The international conference "Socialist Folkloristics: A Disciplinary Heritage" will be organized on 28-31 October 2020 in Riga, Latvia. You can apply until May 1, 2020 by sending to email@example.com abstract of your presentation, no longer than 200 words, professionally edited for publishing; BIO, stating your affiliations and interests in no more than 50 words.
Our particular interest lies in but is not limited to such issues as:
• The impact of the Socialist heritage on the development
of folkloristics in the post-Socialist countries;
• The role of the Socialist regimes of knowledge in the organization of folklore archives,
ethnographic collections and other institutional representations of folklife;
• The contribution of folkloristics and related disciplines to resistance
and dissent in the former USSR and the Soviet bloc countries;
• History of folkloristics and ethnography in the light of Soviet postcolonialism.
In Riga you will experience:
• Opening at Archives of Latvian Folklore;
• A plenary lecture by Dr. Ingrid Slavec Gradišnik (Institute of Slovenian Ethnology, Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts);
• Two days of presentations;
• A field trip to the socialist past.
Answer from organizers: May 15
Participation fee: 50/70 EUR
The conference is organized by the Institute of Literature, Folklore and Art (University of Latvia)
Project: Latvian folkloristics (1945–1985), No. lzp-2018/2-0268
Last time modified: